Thursday, March 7, 2013
Spring Inspiration Board: Leather, Green And Classics
I have decided to finally start mood boards for what Im loving and trends for the season.
1) Dont know what to wear? just ask yourself what would Kate Moss wear? I love that her style is so edgy but she pulls in classic pieces. That's exactly the look im all about this season. (well and every season.)
2)This Proenza Schouler look is basically what I wish I could wear all spring and summer.
3) Wear Gladiator sandals or Heels that are knee high. If that trend is too much for you opt for an ankle length version like this (Loeffler Randall sandal)
4) Go for a classic Leather motorcycle jacket with a twist like this Rag & Bone. Each season has proven to be all about leather and even this spring, but its all about taking these classic pieces and wearing them in brights, pastels and neutrals. For a less expensive version opt for this Club Monaco mint jacket.
5) Wear silk pants with everything, well maybe not everything (but mostly). I love everything about this look with the cut off graphic sweater. (Get the look here: Joie pants and Forever 21)
6) Handbags have been shrinking the last couple seasons, its been all about cross body bags and structure. I absolutely am loving this boho bag, its been a while since Ive seen a great one like this 3.1 Phillip Lim
7) Add leather details to an outfit like this white vest from J Brand. Play it up with lighter weight pieces for the spring and summer. pair it with a pair of skinny jeans for that edgy chic look. In the summer layer it with silk pieces. Here is a low priced version at H&M